Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Phthalates: More Toys to Worry About

Well, I thought we were good on toys now that we knew to keep away from BPA, lead and other such stuff from last years toy scares; however, it seems there is yet another product to be scared of: phthalates

I don't know what they are, but I do know that they are chemicals used to make plastic toys soft. Hmmm..that sounds like a lot of toys I own.

Here is a link to the new posted by my home town's local news source: WRAL

And here is more info from Baby Center

From what I understand, phthalates will be banned in baby products and toys staring in Feb of 2009...great, AFTER the Christmas season, meaning that toys made with this stuff will/might be on shelves as we start our shopping.

And it seems that pretty much any baby lotion, shampoo and teether is guaranteed to have it, though I have not finished researching this info yet.

Oh Geez.



No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers