Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Granting Wishes

Christmas is my favorite time of year-for a whole two months, everyone gets into the spirit of giving and sharing and helping and I love that. How can you be in a bad mood when you hear some Christmas music? Or see little kids getting excited about Santa?

The main reason I love Christmas? The kids. Kids are just truly amazing and the glow of believing in Santa is so fun to watch. As Erma Bombeck said:

"There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child."

I agree; watching a child enjoy Christmas is so wonderful. Every Christmas, my family does our best to make sure that kids that may not have any presents to open get some from us and this year, we can do something extra special as well: We can make a wish come true.

Yes, I can be a Fairy Godmother this Christmas, just by writing a letter to Santa. My new-found wish granting powers come courtesy of Macy's, because for every letter you sent to Santa from their store mail box, they will donate money to Make A Wish Foundation and help make the wishes of many terminally ill children come true this holiday.

Wow, what better way to get into the spirit? And what an easy way to give a lifetime of memories to a family suffering with their child-just simply write a letter.

I, myself, am writing numerous letters with Little Dude's help. One of each of my children, myself and my husband and plan to take them to the Macy's near us every week. After all, you can never have too many items for Santa to pick from and since every letter counts, figured we should do our part. Besides, I am liking this role of Fairy Godmother.

To learn more, click below. I will also have the info over in my right hand sidebar all holiday season as well.





1 comment:

@sweetbabboo said...

What a neat idea. Thanks for sharing. Our Macy's is only a few blocks away, so L and I will have to walk over there and mail his letter.

(ps- I saw your comment on Adventures in Babywearing about trying a mei tai out. Once your back in the area, we can meet up and you can try my BabyHawk out.)

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers