Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Some of My Favorite Things...


So this is a special themed Works For Me Wednseday: Toys That Worked For You!

Here is a few of the items that make my list:

The Amazing Animals Sing N Go Choo Choo This is a toy my 2 year old STILL loves to play with and there are enough different songs and sounds that after over a year of owning it, I am still not tired of it. Also, there is an Off switch, for if you do!

For Little Babies, any stackable or nesting toys are fabuloust, like this or this. I love the bright colors on both of these, and the fact they are soft, safe to chew on AND with the great animal theme you can work on animal noises, names, where they live, how they act, etc-all interactive play with your baby that he/she will love. Also, the stackable/nesting type toys are some that even older kids enjoy doing, so these toys last a good long while.

For older babies and kids (around ages 1 and up ) I LOVE play kitchens!! I actually got mine really cheap ($10) off Craigslist.com, but this one here is a nice, affordable one if you are looking for something new for a holiday present, or if you are planing on having a lot of children use it, it is a good sturdy, long lasting choice because it can adjust for your kids! I also love to get cheap kitchen items, like measuring cups, spoons, what not at Dollar Trees, or any kind of discount dollar store-you can find all kinds of great stuff along with play food all for a dollar. I also reuse stuff from my kitchen (which is what Little Dude want's to play with anyway) by taping the lids on cereal boxes, or saving old plastic salt and pepper shakers so he can have them to play with in his play kitchen. Trust me, he loves the real ones (and he knows the difference!) to the really fake looking kid kitchen items you can find and they are free when you just recycle your own!

I love any toys that foster imagination with minimal lights and sound, so simple drawing and coloring are my fav. go to items. Doodle Pro is a great drawing toy for travel and even just when you are out of blank paper and there are so many kinds now! We have the orange one and Little Dude can play with it forever-it saved us on our drive to Mobile AL!

Well, those are a few of the toy items that have really worked for me and have been worth every penny I spent(or even more if I found great deals!)to have for my kids. No need to buy the latest, greatest, most expensive electronic toy, because nothing beats a great toy that inspires imagination, because that, I think, is the greatest way a kid can learn.

Now go check out Rocks In My Dryer for more great toy recommendations!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers