Monday, April 7, 2008

A Pain in the ....

Leg. My leg. My left leg to be specific. In my left leg, I have formed the dreaded varicose veins that I am pretty sure all pregnant women pray not to get. Let me just inform you that for me, they are every bit as painful as books describe, if not worse, simply because there is nothing I have found yet to make it GO AWAY!

Sigh.

With Little Dude, I had none of this, though I did have problems with my left leg hurting from time to time and in the end (last 2 or 3 months) it would swell up on me while my right one stayed just fine. I am wondering if it is because I am right handed? I played soccer all through high school and in college for a few years, with my right, of course, being my dominate leg, so I wonder if perhaps these problems with my left leg are simply from it not being as strong and muscular as my right?

In any case, all the dr.s I have talked to say there is nothing I can do except 1) wear some pregnancy hose which feels like it is made of wool and makes me itch and sweat because it is so thick 2) have the baby. BIG SIGH.

On an upside, the medication the dr. put me on last summer for my silent reflux has done a great job of controlling it and I have been able to swallow normally again for awhile now..yay! So, I guess I'd rather have a painful left leg as apposed to acid in my throat. I think...not being able to swallow was a pretty good diet...



2 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm really sorry about the pain and discomfort. You're such a trooper that I know it must really be bothering you to say something about it, because you are NOT a complainer at all. My cousin Melissa had to wear the pregnancy hose all through her pregnancy too and she hated them. It won't be too much longer though, you are almost there!! And doing a great job!!

Blessedw5mom said...

My sympathies on the vein pain ... I can totally relate ... its terrible!!! You'd think someone could come up with something for this pain.

I stumbled across your blog today thru Babywearing Bloggers. I enjoyed visiting!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers