Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy 1 Month Birthday, JR!


Well, as off 11:55pm last night, Jr is now a month old! His newborn diapers and clothes are finally fitting, and he is FINALLY starting to get the days and nights figured out.

One of the hardest parts of a newborn is the mix up of days and nights and the lack of sleep you end up getting these first few months. People tell you to nap when the baby naps, and that is great if you have one child, but I have come to find out that with two, it is very difficult to convince the baby to nap when bi bro is napping...so I just walk around like a zombie most of the day. Honestly, I use the lack of sleep as a cop out from doing laundry. My husband laughs because he knows that even if I slept for two weeks straight, I still wouldn't want to do the laundry. But it is nice to have a somewhat plausible excuse for putting it off as long as I can.

The lack of sleep stinks, but time goes by so very fast these first few months, that even with no sleep and eyes that are screaming in protest, all I can do is stare in wonder at my little guys.

And guzzle coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww he growing up so fast!!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers