Saturday, January 9, 2010

Potty Training Poop Issues? Try Fiber Gummies

Potty training is a not-so-fun part of parenting. Sure, then they make it into the potty, or get there in time, it is super exciting. But when they don't and pee on the floor? Or worse, POOP their pants as you are RUNNING for a potty? Yea, I have been there.

I also have FINALLY overcome the final road block our family was facing with Little Dude's potty training: His fear of pooping.

Yes, I know, my son was afraid to poop. And I have no idea how that started, or what I did in the potty training process to cause this fear, but for MONTHS he has been holding in his poop for A WEEK AT A TIME. So then, when he finally couldn't put off pooping anymore, it DID hurt, because he was just, well, backed up SO MUCH.

So, we took him to the doctor, we've had him on laxatives, but ever time we started to wean him off the laxatives (which we had to do-we couldn't keep him on them forever, or that will cause a whole different problem) he would go right back to being scared to poop. I almost think it was because the laxatives made everything SUPER soft, so when it started to go back to being more normal and solid, he would be scared and fight it.

And even though Little Dude is usually a decent eater, it seems like any time of fiber rich food-fruit, veggies, what have you, Little Dude just isn't getting enough. (obviously, since he has so much trouble) But try as we might to increase his consumption, he just picks at the extra food, or won't touch it at all. It has been very frustrating!

I know, too much info, eh? But surely I'm not the only one out there with a kid that hates to poop? Or am I? I dunno...

Anyways, I have GREAT news now to share, and I owe it a lot to the invention of gummie vitamins! There are gummy FIBER vitamins, and we tried the Pedia-Lax Fiber Gummies, to great success! We are now able to guarantee Little Dude is getting enough fiber to ensure he has enough fiber in his system for easy poops. We have been laxative free and pooping easily every day for the last 3 weeks-OH I am excited, because that is a record for us! And I have been looking over my poop chart for him (I mark a calender, yes, I know, maybe too much info) and it has been MONTHS since Little Dude pooped everyday for a week straight, let alone everyday for 3 weeks straight.

And you know what? Saturday he pooped two good poops! IN THE SAME DAY. I am so excited. You just don't know!

So, I really hope this info helps any of you that might be facing the same issue (or if you haven't gone through the potty training phase yet, it could be handy to keep this in the back of your head).

January is also Fiber Focus Month, and you can learn even more about how important fiber is to a healthy body, get fiber recipe ideas, a food journal and poop chart go to www.fibergummies.com and become a fan of Pedia-Lax Fiber Gummies on Facebook.

I also have a bottle of the Fiber Gummies to give away! If you would like to try a bottle of Pedia-Lax Fiber Gummies, leave me a comment below. Make sure I have a way to contact you so I can get your mailing address if you win.



2 comments:

ReggieMann said...

I have been giving my niece fiber gummies since she turned 2 in july. They work great!! Would love to win a bottle :)

ReggieM1961 (at) gmail (dot) com

Alexandra said...

ohhh I would love a bottle! We started potty training today and I can already tell that poop is going to be the hard part...lol :) glad you are over this hurdle!!!!!!!!!!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers