Friday, January 8, 2010

Behind

I'm still sick, and it actually seems to be worse. I don't think I have the flu, but I am achy everywhere, my head feels like it is going to explode and my chest hurts from coughing so much. I won't even tell you what is coming out of my nose when I blow it. It's gross.


The kids seem to be all better now that they are halfway through their medicine; 5 more days and they won't need the antibiotics anymore. Right now they still have runny noses (similar to mine, gross)but the coughs seem to be going away.

So, we are still alive, though I'm really not at all productive. The house is in pretty good shape, though the playroom is a disaster-mostly because we have been spending all our time there. (I'm there now, using my laptop on the couch, while the kids build with blocks)

I am stressed about my work; I am so very behind and HATE that feeling. I have the weekend to "catch up", and I am quite certain I will have everything done in time, but I still just hate that panicky feeling I get when I am behind. I just hate to let anyone down or fail. I think that is some of my first-born perfectionism coming through.

Anyways, I am now going to start working like the wind while I have a break in the coughing and the kids are entertained. Just wanted to let you all know I was still alive, barely.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Aaah, first born perfectionism. I have a love-hate relationship with it myself. Just remember...if you don't slow down and take care of yourself, you'll make yourself worse and just be even further behind and more couch-ridden. Drink your fluids! And if you get desperate, send me some of what you cough up. I can tell you if it has the flu in it :)

Nell said...

I hope you're feeling better by now!

Nell

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers