Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Easter Decorating!

Well, last night I stayed up late putting string on plastic Easter eggs so I could hang them in bushes out in the front yard. It took me 2 or 3 hours to do one bag, and I have 2 more bags to do....good thing it is a few weeks before Easter!

I am quite excited, as I got this idea from Bill's Aunt Suzie in Ohio. We went to see Grandpapa Zeren for Little Dude's first Easter, and Aunt Suzie, Uncle Mark and their 5 awesome kids live next door! It was a super fun trip and Aunt Suzie had gone all out letting the kids decorate for Easter! There were eggs hung like ornaments on all their bushes and cute baskets hidden in the grass with plastic eggs and rabbits and chicks....so cute! They also had a most beautiful cross on their door for the celebration; I would love to find one that beautiful that could be hung on our door during the Easter season.

In any case, my goal today is to decorate the yard, or at least some of it. I have to get some stuff out of the attic, but I think I can work on it while Little Dude is napping later.

I must say though, I am a little sad St. Patrick's Day falls right on the week of Easter-I want to decorate for St. Patrick's Day, but I don't want to do all this work for easter and then try to put up more stuff for an awesome Irish holiday...so I guess this year I will skip St. Patrick's Day with outside decorations, but I will certainly make the Quinn family's Green Irish Cake. Maybe I can be festive by drinking green milk all day too, since I can't partake in the fun green beer. I wonder if Little Dude will eat green food? Hmmm....I will let you guys know.

ALSO-2 more days!!!! YAYAYAYY! Boy or girl???? Time is going by way to slow. It needs to be Thursday morning NOW. Hahah!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers