Friday, July 30, 2010

We're Going On A Bear Hunt

We are going camping with the kids in a few weeks and I am SO super excited. We will be taking the kids back closer to my childhood home, deep in the mountains of the Blue Ridge Parkway-YAY!

Though I love my current home town-and would really rather never move away from here-a little tiny part of me misses the mountains, though when I was a senior in high school I couldn't get away fast enough.

Funny how that happens.

Anyways, I am crazy CRAZY excited to go camping, and hiking, and ROAST MARSHMALLOWS with Bill and the boys. And Bill and I are super excited the boys have reached the ages to make this a fun trip.

The place we are going has a play ground, swimming lake, fishing, hiking, and quick access to the Linville falls and caverns-whoo hoo!

I can't wait to do some hiking with the kids.We do a lot around here, so I think they will be good, but since this will not be mostly flat hiking, I am a little worried about JR making it the whole way, and so I'll have my mei tai with me, just in case.

Though, with as hot as it has been, I am worried that might be too warm for him. I found the new Ergo Baby Performance Carrier and I want the gray one so badly, but it seems everyone is sold out of them right now, so not much chance they will be back in stock I could order one in time for our hiking trip. Oh well, it's all good, because we are going CAMPING!

1 comment:

Simpson5 Family Blog said...

It looks like Rosenberry Rooms has it in stock you might want to check them out.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers