Thursday, July 22, 2010

Preschool, I'm Not Ready

So yesterday we got the packet of information for Little Dude's preschool. What day he starts, the schedule for the first week, when full days start, what to not pack in lunches, and when tuition is due.

Needless to say, Little Dude IS SO EXCITED and plays like he is at school EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.NOW.

But I'm not ready.

He won't be around for lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays and that makes me SO SAD.

I even cried about it last night.

I'm just not ready to let go of him yet; 'cause I just know it will never, ever be the same.

This is an aspect of parenting I never counted on; this wanting to be around them all the time and not wanting to miss anything-because lord knows it has already flown by far too quickly. I am SO thankful that thus far, I haven't had to miss anything-that I have been able to be home with them for every good AND bad moment. It certainly was what I needed to have happen; I just wish that I could continue it.

And I know, I could home school, but I don't think Little Dude would like that. He watches the bus come for other kids in the neighborhood (though much to his dismay, I am driving him to school no matter what) and he wants to go SO BADLY.

The first time we visited a preschool, he turned and told me to leave.

He is ready, and I'm so glad. I just wish I could get myself ready.

3 comments:

Alexandra said...

I am so with you! My Sweet Pea is starting preschool in the fall too and I am just trying not to think about it. :)

Miche said...

OH I am glad you understand; some people look at me like I'm crazy when I say I don't want him to go....:)

whispering loudly said...

My oldest, too, is off to four-year old preschool (half-days) this fall and I still get a knot in the stomach any time that I think about it.

He is SO ready... I hope I catch up! I understand your aprehension all too well. AND I CAN'T BELIVE THAT I HAVE TO GO THROUGH IT TWO MORE TIMES!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers