Tuesday, December 30, 2008

We Made It!

Yes, we are here in Mobile, AL safe and sound. Right now I am in the middle of unpacking and entertaining the kids, and pretty much enjoying a low key day at "home".

"Home", here though, does actually feel like home. Mobile felt foreign, alien, and rather scary to me the first time we came down; however, now it seems the short holiday back at our real home in NC made this trip feel like going home, too. I recognize streets, I remember where the grocery store is, and Little Dude remembered Ruby, Jessie and William, his little friends in our play group here, which made me super happy.

This may not be our house, or even where our dog, Eddie, is, but for now, home truly is where the heart is.

And I am very glad our hearts are together, full and happy, here.

1 comment:

Swansons said...

Glad you made it back safe and sound. We are still trying to put the house back together after coming home from NY last week!
I don't envy you that drive- but I am sad that it sounds like you won't be coming back to NC for a long time!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers