Friday, March 18, 2011

Contractions

So, apparently with the more preganancies you have, the better your body jumps into gear to "get ready for baby".

Meaning that I have all kinds of fun "practice contractions" or Braxton Hicks going on-and at times I start to think they are real ones, only have them go away or stop.

Sigh.

Well, we are ready, and currently I am 3 cm dilated and 75% effaced, and the baby has dropped to station 0 (whatever that means, I keep trying to find station info in my pregnancy books and haven't yet, so I might just google it when I am done here) according to my latest dr. check up. Now that I am well into 36 weeks, the dr. has also declared that if labor starts now they won't try to stop it, since our little Champ is measuring a week ahead anyway AND we have crossed into the more full term time period of the third trimester.

Very exciting to be so close to having him here with us-and I am so hoping he does come in March because I just love March. Don't know why, just do.

Also a bit scary, as I really do want to make it to the hospital, so the more dilated and effaced I get BEFORE any contractions really start, the more nervous I am about how quickly this labor might go....

But then, this pregnancy has been so different, that I feel I might be jinxing myself-he will probably go 2 weeks past my due date and then have a hard 24 hour labor.

Or be scary fast and I'll have him in the driveway.

Oh my. I'm ready to be done with labor already....


1 comment:

Caitlin said...

So I learned that station is how far into the pelvis the head is. Negative stations (-1,-2,-3) mean the baby hasn't really dropped. 0 station means the head is in the pelvis and positive stations (+1,+2) mean the baby's head is in the birth canal. I'm excited for champ!!!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers