Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Little Help

Well, time just keeps flying and we have been super busy lately. Somehow, there just isn't enough time in the day to get everything done-and no matter what I choose to focus on, I end up with guilt because I'm neglecting something else.

I somewhat caught up on work I had been putting off by staying up after everyone else was asleep. Even though I was tired, it was pretty relaxing to enjoy the quiet, with only the sound of the keyboard clicking way.

Today I will focus on trying to clean the house, but with three little kids I doubt I will make much progress. We might just end up reading books all day.

As the kids get bigger, they get more and more independent. They want to do everything for themselves, and it is very bittersweet for me. Especially with JR, because he is starting the "independence thing" so much sooner than Little Dude, simply because he mimics everything his brother does. Sigh.

Lately, Little Dude has wanted to help with everything-last week when we went to Marbles to play, Little Dude insisted on paying. He clutched his play money in his hands the whole car ride to the kid's museum, and once there the young man checking our membership was sweet enough to play along, and was clever enough to give back Little Dude's play money as "change" for his tickets. Little Dude was so proud-as was I. My son took his brother, Emily and me to Marbles! Even if he didn't actually pay, the simple act of wanting to do something nice for us so badly was just so terribly sweet.

So, without further ado, here is my little helper, "helping" to build our deck (which we are almost done with-and might finish this weekend-squeal!!):



My little boys are rapidly becoming little men; I love it and hate it all at the same time.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers