Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye, 2009

I really can't believe 2009 went by as quickly as it did. It seems like the bigger the boys get, the faster time passes.

I'm looking forward to tonight; My sister is coming over to cook and drink mimosas and Bill comes home for a weekend visit (and after that he will only be gone 15 days-THEN back for good! YAY!)

In 2010 Little Dude is finally old enough to participate in the community's children spring activities and I am really excited about that. I love our community-there are tons of cheap park and rec events (when I say cheap, like 5 dollars a kid, adults free kind of thing) like sports camps geared to 3 year olds, hiking adventures (even a pirate treasure hunt! ),craft events, and all kinds of other things that sound so fun.

And this year, in the fall, Little Dude will start preschool. I'm excited and sad, all at the same time-and it is still 8 months away! I know, I'm a nut. He is going to have so much fun, but I'll still be sad to see the "official" transformation from baby to preschool kid. It just doesn't seem possible that much time has gone by already. Didn't he just come home from the hospital?

I'm also hoping this year to catch up with a lot of local friends and get more play dates going. Now that we are back and I am feeling more settled AND since Bill will be back home starting Jan. 16, I think I can keep up with trying to do some kind of weekly playdate thing with different groups of mom friends. And I still need to make it to the Durham Children's museum-it is supposed to be awesome! Bill remembers going as a kid, so it would be fun to share that with the boys now.

Yes, 2009 was rough. Too much traveling back and forth, not being settled, flying solo as a parent and trying to keep up with work-I'm exhausted.

2010 though, I'm so super excited about. It is going to be great because we will be together, in our home, close to friends and family. There isn't much more you can ask for than that.


Happy New Years!!!


No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers