Monday, December 14, 2009
I got tagged for the "Honest Scrap", so here goes:
Here are the Rules:
1. Must thank the person who gave you the award and list their blog and link it.
2. Share "10 Honest things" about yourself.
3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
I'm actually not going to tag 7 people; however, if you would like to play along, leave a comment below with a link so I can check it out. I know, I know, I am breaking the chain, but that is just how I roll.
4. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.
OK, so here goes:
1. I hate chain emails/letters/what have you. These kind of things are fun, and I enjoy being tagged and sharing info, but I still hate the pressure of sending it off to lots of people. If I get tagged in something like this that involves telling more than 3 people, I don't send it on. Chain emails? I break them. Chain letters? I break them.
2. I hate laundry. I will let it pile up until the weekends Bill is coming home, then I hurry and do it all at once so he thinks I am a good housewife. I think he is on to me, though. :)
3. I drink coffee all day long. LOVE coffee.
4. I have a form of acid reflux called "silent reflux", meaning that the acid doesn't always burn (thus, "silent") but it still is doing damage to my throat. I'm on daily meds for it, but my throat is pretty messed up from all the acid that comes up-all of which started once I had my first baby and got worse with the second. It is bad enough that at times I can't swallow food or even water because so much acid is coming up my throat and won't go down. I get to have scopes put down my throat every so often to check on how the meds are doing-that is fun, let me tell you. SO, when I am over at your house and picking at food, it is not because it is bad-it is probably super yummy!-but I just can't swallow.
5. Coffee doesn't help any, but spicy food and soda is the worst, so I avoid those at all costs. Milk is bad on occasion.
6. I want to have another baby, but I'm paranoid Bill will be sent away to another job as soon as I get pregnant (like the last two times....) Plus, my doctor says we need to get my acid issue under good control before that happens, so I am a little paranoid about what another baby will do to my throat and since I HAVE to wait, I want one now. That is just how my head works.
7. I don't want to win the big lottery. Ever. Bill and I buy tickets and dream about what we would do, but it mostly involves giving the money way to places like Make A Wish. I'd like to win just enough to pay off the house. And we would never tell anyone. So if we win, you'll never know.
8. I love day planners, but I am so awful at keeping all my plans on one calendar. I have a calender in my office and in the kitchen, but it never fails I forget to check BOTH before making plans and things get messed up....
9. I get easily insulted when someone makes fun of my intelligence. Don't know why, but it really bugs me when someone thinks I am a complete flake just because I'm lacking in some skills. One of my neighbors was shocked I had a college degree because I can't make sugar cookies and still picks on me for my lack of home skills. See, still bugged about it enough I'm mentioning it here, and those comments were back over thanksgiving.
10. I get annoyed when I see a movie with huge editing mistakes. I still harbor the dream of working with the movie productions in Wilmington, NC. I would love to edit movies; I LOVE searching for the inconsistencies, but I need to work on not shouting them out to the other people watching the movie.
So, like I said above, I hate the pressure of passing this one to 7 people, SO, if you want to play along, leave a link below with your 10 "honest scraps"; it could be really fun to read!