Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Blue Angel's Show

As I was going through my photos, desperately searching for an updated family photo, I realized I had not shared photos from our great boat trip to see the Blue Angels Air Show!

You will notice though, that I still don't have an updated family photo on here. The old one from LAST 4th of July is still there-yea, the kids are a year older now, I have finally lost all the baby weight and gotten a little more sleep, and Bill, well, my Bill is just amazing and perfect, so really I just need to update me and the kids. You now know that I have NO photos of the 4 of us together, much to my dismay, since it seems like I have thousands of us not all together on my computer. Mental note for me to jump on that.

But, I digress.

As I browsed through photos, I came across these great ones and realized that I had talked up going to see the airshow with tons of friends and family, but had never shared pictures! So, without further ado, here are some photos:


Here is my man, Bill, and I know it sounds gush-y, but after knowing him for 8 years and being married for over 5 now, I just feel luckier and luckier that everyday I get to wake up next to him. I know, I warned you, gush-y! And he is holding our awesome little toddler, Little Dude, who is growing too quickly for my liking. He will be 3 in September. I'm sad and happy at the same time. In his hands? His shark friend, dutifully named "Shark". He was originally a cheap toy at Target, that I bought with the sole intention that IF he got lost at the beach ("Shark", not Little Dude) then it would be no big deal to replace him. Wouldn't you know that "Shark" must now go everywhere with us? Apparently the best $1 I have ever spent...
Here are the fabulous friends we went with-l to r: Scott, (with son Cole), Bill (with Little Dude), Tim, Melissa (Scott's wife and Cole's mom), Gigi (on the boat), and Tim and Gigi's daughter, Amanda (also on the boat). I know, I got everyone's backs, but there was no way I was taking my camera into the water with me to get their faces. The noise from the air show was so loud I don't even think they would have heard me had I yelled for them to look at me.

So what is an air show? Well, from what I understand, the Blue Angels are an elite team of fighter pilots who can do AMAZING tricks in their planes.

And though they are far away in the sky, those pilots are flying just feet away from each other. It was really breathtaking and scary to watch. My heart stopped a million times (well, maybe just 12).
Here is JR, mad because I made him leave the boat buttons alone. We were so excited to go out on Scott's boat, and even though they all said he couldn't break anything, you just never know.

And I can't swim that well. So I was paranoid about the boat sinking, though if you look at the group photo up above, everyone is standing.

I know, I'm irrational, but as a short, red headed, country-mountain raised, non swimming, woman, I'm allowed a little irrational thinking.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Oh, you're not irrational. Trust me. I refuse to go on a cruise with John because I am terrified of the boat sinking. Not because I'm afraid of drowning (All those years as a swim coach had better count for something!) but because I'm afraid of being eaten by a shark.

Sept 11-12 to shop? I'm in! With or without kiddos is fine. They're cute, and they'll keep my baby itch in check!

casual friday every day said...

The water shots make me itch for the lake. It's my dream to one day own a lake home.

Nell

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers