Monday, April 9, 2007

The Adventures of Little Dude

Wow. I just want to say that there is nothing better than being a parent. I used to think there were other, better, things to do, but now I realize, parenting is the best experience. Why? Because Little Dude just tried to stand up in the tub so he could get to the faucet and inspect it. You should have seen the amazement on his face, the fascination with the falling water. Figuring out the faucet was just a joyful experience for him. I want to live every day with the joy and wonder he sees in everything....that is the first lesson I have learned from my child.

We had a WONDERFUL Easter in Ohio with extended family. Our cousin Monica was the cantor for our Easter mass and it was like hearing an angel sing. I swear no one was singing along because we all wanted to listen to Monica! It was just so beautiful I wanted to cry. She is a wonderful, amazing, thoughtful 14 year old. I will have pictures of Grandpa, the cousins, and the lovely snowfall we received Easter Sunday posted soon.

Bill and I have come to a decision about Adoption: We are going to do it; however, we are going to wait to start the process once Little Dude is about 3, then we might get a toddler/3 year old, around the time he is 4 or 5. We are going to start reading some books suggested by A Special Family. (Thanks!) That way we will feel pretty informed and "ready" for the responsibility and work the adoption process will take. Also, I think we are leaning to international adoption from Lithuania (Bill's Grandfather was born there). Our name Zeren is Lithuanian and I found out if you can prove you are of Lithuanian background then you get priority in adoption and a much cheaper price for completing all the paperwork and legal fees on their end. NICE. Also, the wait period for a girl is 6 months -12 months a boy is 9 months -18 months. Every so often I will give you guys an update and I will let you all know how the books work for us!

Little Dude has become so mobile that I now have to put him in his crib if I need to do laundry, take a shower, or do any other chore that might get me away from his play room (our living room) for more than a few seconds. The other day (April 5th) I took a quick shower, as usual, and left Little Dude busy with his toys on the floor. Though he has been mobile, he has not been very fast and still stayed put if enough distracting toys were around. That day; however, I got out of the shower and couldn't hear him . Knowing that he usually babbles up a storm, I rushed into the living room, dripping wet and wrapped in a towel, trying to find the reason all was so quiet. He was NO WHERE to be found. I looked everywhere in the living room, but couldn't find him. Next I searched the kitchen, but still no Little Guy. At this point I started having flash backs to a Lifetime movie where a kid had been kidnapped while the mom was showering. Silly, I know, but I was scared!! I started calling for him (like a 7 month old would answer?) But then, yes, I heard a babble. Coming from my room. Soooooo, I went back into our bedroom and looked around. No baby. Where was he? After standing there for a moment and making a pool on the carpet, I heard another babble, coming from THE CLOSET. Yes, he had rolled/crawled from his play area in the living room, through the kitchen, down the hall, into our bedroom, into our closet and was enjoying the chewy quality of my sandals. WHOA. So, now, he throws a tantrum whenever I have to do something where I won't be able to keep an eye on him because I put him in his crib(I think he thinks its bed time and is protesting the early hour of it) Does anyone have any ideas on what to do? Anyways, the adventures keep getting better! Now, I'm off to take a nap!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I saw your comment at Rocks In My Dryer and wanted to stop by. You mentioned Middle English and it caught my eye. I just chaperoned a field trip with my son's school to Stan Hywet. It's a tudor revival mansion built near an old stone quarry in Akron, OH. I first went there on a trip my senior year in HS while we studied The Canterbury Tales because the border around the dining room in the mansion is an oil painting of the characters from the book.
I'm not sure where your extended family lives in Ohio, but if they are anywhere near Akron, it is worth the trip to take a tour.
Good luck with your adoption studies and persuit!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers