Friday, May 6, 2011

Fleeting Newborn Stage

I tried to get this onezie on Champ today and couldn't get it over his big head. A head that has grown by leaps and bounds already-along with the rest of him. I picked another favorite outfit of mine and couldn't get it pulled down enough to snap.


This was taken a few weeks ago; a few weeks is all it takes for that sweet newborn stage to swiftly disappear. I have to admit, I'm having a tough time with it. I know Champ is *most likely* our last one. Can't say for certain, but as I get more and more exhausted at the end of the day, even though I want nothing more than to cuddle babies all the time, I also want sleep. And a break in the constant motion of the older boys would be nice.

And to somehow have answers to the billizillion and counting questions the other two ask me *just about super heros*. Good grief, I am in huge trouble when they start asking questions I can't just make up answers to.

I had a huge stand off fight with Little Dude today over a *crack* in his sandwich bread. He didn't want to eat a non-perfect piece of bread. I wanted to clobber him for throwing such a whiny, screaming, kicking infested, "YOU'RE AN AWFUL LUNCH MAKER, THERE IS PEANUT BUTTER EVERYWHERE ON MY BREAD" yelling tantrum.

I actually found myself lecturing about children starving in Africa, Japan and Hatti. Yes, I went there.

Lucky for Little Dude, I am literally too tired today to deal, so I sent him to bed *without lunch*, to more screams of "I'M HUNGRY I WANT----".

I shut the door to the room. And snuggled with Champ while JR finished his lunch and then asked to eat his brother's. I talked JR into an orange, since hopefully soon Little Dude will decide he is hungry and can manage to eat a peanut butter and honey sandwich with one crack in the bread.

So, I want more babies, and I really would love to have a fourth, but to be honest, I don't know that I would be that sane of a parent with 4 headstrong kids. I have 2 to contend with already and I know that Champ will not be far behind.

I just really wish I could freeze these baby days a little longer. The thought of packing up the newborn clothes for the last time makes me want to cry. Even the no sleeping at night; I will greatly miss it when the time comes for him to shout about some injustice served in the form of a sandwich.

Sigh. Good thing it is Friday.



1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I am sure it wasn't fun in the moment, but this story had both John and me laughing. Especially when JR wanted the other sandwich. Resourceful boy!!

Ps, come visit us end of June beginning of July. I will have a newborn for you to cuddle then! I'm sure I'll be willing tomtrade Bean for some superhero discussion time....

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers