Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Shred Sled Shox Scooter

My kids were recently able to try out the Shox Scooter by Shred Sled-and all I can say is that it is a HUGE it.

The sled is EXTREMELY well made, durable, and though it is made for getting bigger jumps and tricks out of it, when I messed with it it seemed to be VERY sturdy and easy to balance-which would explain why my son was suddenly able to do some small jumps with it, after having never even been on a scooter of any kind before.

And even though, as a parent I was a wee bit nervous about letting him try out a "tick" sled, I have to say the traction and wheels were fantastic for keeping a good grip on our driveway (which is paved but rather old and bumpy in spots).

The Shox Scooter is built with a new, innovative spring shock deck to absorb impact when landing jumps and stunts, and to also spring back to increase the rider's power. The deck's rough grip surface provides excellent foot control and traction while performing tricks and the scooter's sturdy back brake further enhances control and safety while riding. The handles also adjust to various heights to accommodate children of all sizes.

While the price is a bit steep, at $59.99, I think it is a PERFECT Christmas or birthday worthy gift. My son is in love with it and has been enjoying riding it up to the park, and I enjoy feeling that he is on a well made, sturdy scooter with strong brakes.

Of course, your kids should always wear helmets and safety gear while using the scooter. I'm that mom that makes my son wear elbow, knee, and head gear while on it, as well as pants so there is little chance of him scrapping up his legs if he falls. Yea, I know, I'm a bit overboard. But really, you should see the fun/crazy things he can do with this scooter....

Anyways, you can check out more about the Shred Sled Shox Scooter at www.shredsled.com, and you can buy it nationwide a retailers, as well as at www.shredsled.com. We love it, I highly recommend it as a great, strong and well made item for you child, should you be looking at a scooter that can grow with them from preschool on up to middle school sized tricks.


No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers